I know that question can be frightening or exciting. I want to give you 8 easy tips on how to transition to natural hair!
- Before shampooing the hair, separate your hair in sections. You will lose less hair when detangling and you're able to focus on every section of your hair.
- Make sure to alternate your deep condition and protein treatment every other week adding a olive oil or castor oil.
- Keep hair moisturized and detangled with a thick creamy leave in conditioner that has a good slip.
- Focus on the ends of your hair, because that's the oldest part of your hair. You want to make sure that the ends are getting enough moisture.
- Wear styles that require less heat. When you're transitioning, the two textures will make it difficult to style so I recommend wearing rods, twist outs, braid outs, and flat twists to blend the two textures.
- Add coconut oil or jojoba oil to seal the ends after twisting or braiding.
- Gradually cut the processed or damaged ends.
- Be gentle to your hair (Take your time to detangle).