Last week, I decided to make Baked Ratatouille! This is basically a veggie ravioli, but so good!! I love that my family is still able to eat a nice serving of vegetables. It's very easy and your family will love it! If you noticed, I love cheese!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped summer squash
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- half jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese
- diced chicken or a rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); spray a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic and onion until the vegetables have begun to soften, about 8 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, parsley, salt, and black pepper; bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cook the frozen ravioli as directed on the package; drain. Spread the cooked ravioli in a layer into the bottom of the prepared baking dish; spoon the hot vegetables over the ravioli ( I like to layer it twice). Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.