|8 months pregnant with my second child|
|9 months pregnant with my first child|
Check out this website at www.myfitnesspal.com. This website is a great tool to use when losing weight and it also helps with maintaining your calorie intake.
Tips that will help you shed the pounds in a healthy way:
- Setting a goal- It's important to have a goal to know what you're working towards. This will give you motivation and a drive to succeed.
- Diary of what you eat- I know this sounds silly, but it's important to write down everything you eat. This will help you keep up with what you're eating and also help maintain your calorie intake.
- Calorie Intake-Everything in moderation. You don't want to eat a 500 calorie burger and then 400 calorie fries. You want to be mindful of how many calories you are eating. For me, I took in 1200 calories a day. I ate 6 healthy meals each day.
- Cardio- Running is the best cardio to lose the weight quickly, but if you are not able to run, try the elliptical or walking. I ran on the tread mill everyday, burning 500 calories.
- Drinking lots of Water- Water should be your best friend! Water should be all you drink, especially if you're on a mission to lose the weight. Okay, I sound very strict right now, but if you really want to see a change in your body, take a break from the soft drinks. Water also helps with becoming full and if you drink ice cold water, you're burning calories! :)
- Vegetables- Vegetables will forever be a part of my diet. With losing weight, I would fill majority of my plate with a spinach salad (cucumbers and vinaigrette dressing only) and a fist size of anything else. I really believe spinach helped my hair to grow!!
- Low Calorie Snacks- Try eating snacks that are less than 100 calories.
- Check Your Nutrition Facts- This is so important to do! In the grocery store, you can see "all natural" on the box or a statement that says "healthy", but you look at the back of the box and it's loaded with calories, sugar, and fat. I've definitely made this into a habit!
- Don't Deprive yourself- Even though I counted calories, I didn't deprive myself. This should keep you from binging on higher-calorie foods.