- Prayer Honors God - God loves when you come to him and share your heart.
- Prayer Teaches us- You will learn so much when you spend time in his presence. He will start to reveal things to you and give you wisdom and understanding. Prayer teaches you to be humble and trust him.
- Prayer Changes things- Last but not least, prayer changes things. One of the most wonderful mysteries in the world is that prayer changes things. God promises that people who pray are far better off than people who don't; things do change for the better through prayer (James 4:2-3 and Matthew 7:7-11).
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Today, I want to discuss the importance of prayer. These days we see more and know more with social media and the news. Everyday there's something tragic that has happened and it's getting worse by the minute. It's time to start making time for God and praying for our nation. God wants to hear from us. Lately, I've been praying for the world on a daily basis and I encourage you to do the same. Just think if everyone prayed, the world would be a better place. I know we all live a busy life with work and kids, but God is right here waiting for you to open up your heart and invite him in. Here are several tips why prayer is important.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
One of my hobbies that I love to do is exercise. My goal is to work out at least 3 or 4 days a week. I like to run a mile and then work on strength training. I would always get confused on strength training and didn't really know where to start. Once I started to get more focused, I came across this app that has really taken my workouts to the next level! It's called the Nike Training Club App. You can get this on your iphone as well as Android and the good news is it's free. This app is so awesome that I would pay for it. The app has so many different workouts and it's organized into 4 categories below.
Get Lean ( high interval cardio drills to slim down)
Get Toned ( light weights and intervals to add definition)
Get Strong ( Increased weights and reps to build strength)
Get Focused ( 15 minute workouts to target specific areas)
I also love that the app has different levels, so if you're a beginner, they have workouts tailored just for you. I've been using this app since January and I can definitely see results. I challenge you to take a look and try it out. You will thank me later!!
Monday, July 13, 2015
|Photo Source: www.letmeletyouknow.com|
I've been natural for almost 7 years, and I have come to realize that it's not the product that makes your hair grow, but the technique. For almost 7 years, I have stuck with the same products that works for me. Hair products can definitely add up and I didn't want to break the bank buying products for my hair. The goal was to keep it simple!
I chose to stick to a sulfate free shampoo, rinse out conditioner, deep condition conditioner, natural oils, and a leave in conditioner and that was it. Within months, I saw my hair growing at a speed I never thought could happen.
With that being said, I didn't have a special product that automatically grew my hair, but what made it grow is the technique I used. I was gentle with my hair, limited the amount of heat, and kept it moisturized daily.
If you're overwhelmed with all the products, just stick to what works best for your hair. If you feel your hair is moisturized and easy to detangle, then that's the perfect product for you. It's okay to try new products, but there's no need to become a product junkie. At the end of the day, it's the technique you use to grow healthy hair.
Here's several tips that will help you with the right technique
- Section the hair before washing
- Wash a section and twist before moving to the next section ( This will help with detangling the hair)
- Massage your scalp ( This will stimulate the scalp and promote hair growth)
- Finger Combing ( People look at me weird when I say I finger comb my hair, but it really works! The comb will pull out unwanted hairs and increase your chance of breakage. If you must use a comb, only use a comb when hair is wet and full of conditioner.)
- Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
I hope everyone had a enjoyable holiday weekend! My weekend was spent getting kisses and hugs from my new niece Taylor! My husband and I were able to help my sister and brother -in-love clean and cook as they tend to their new baby girl. It was a blessing to be able to help my sister. I truly thank God for letting us spend time with them and taking care of their home. It was one of the best 4th of July weekends ever! If you're struggling to find a new mom the perfect gift, try a nice cooked meal or help clean their kitchen. It's the simple things that mean so much!