During the week, we're usually busy with extra curricular activities, worship team rehearsals for me, school work, and church. I'm always asking God to give me wisdom to be a better wife, parent, and taking care of the home. I feel it's my duty to make sure everything is in order. So with that being said, I would like to share how I manage to keep the house tidy, meals ready, and still have enough time to spend with family.
- Always Make a List! ( If you don't make a list, you will tend to get behind and could possibly forget what you needed to do.)
- Meal Planning ( I have fallen in love with meal planning. I use to hate planning meals, but I have to say I really enjoy it. I'm learning how to make wonderful healthy meals for my family. We are saving money and saving our time because I already have a set plan and no one can ask that famous question "What's for Dinner?" If you know your child has a game or practice too early that you're not able to cook, you can cook the day before. It's a joy and a blessing that I can prepare meals for my family.)
- Make a Grocery List ( I guess this is obvious if I tell you to meal plan, but this helps in so many ways. You are saving money and with grocery shopping, you're able to pick more healthy food items. I like to get my grocery shopping done on Fridays.
- Set a Schedule ( If you set a schedule, everything else will fall into place. I schedule everything and so far it's working. No matter what, I try to make sure we have dinner between 5:30-6:30. I clean as I cook, so after I eat, there's not much for me to do. My husband and I like to work with the kids on school work around 7:00 to 8:00. After that, it's time to for the kids to get ready for bed. I like to do my night hair routine around 8:15.)
- Wash Clothes Every Night ( I know I sound crazy, but it works. Also get rid of the clothes basket. Immediately fold the clothes after they dry. This helps out so much!! Now your whole day isn't spent folding clothes all day. I know how that feels and I am so happy I found a system that works)
I know some of these tips will not fit for everyone's family, but I'm sure at least one tip can make things better for you. Happy Planning!!!