I decided that it is definitely time to share a recipe. I am long over due and thought today would be perfect to share this healthy recipe. My family loves this recipe and my husband raves to everyone about it. It's definitely a staple around here and one of the best soups I've ever tried. I know that says a lot, but it really is! I was inspired by Budget Bytes which is an awesome blog for different recipes, but I like to put my own twist to it and to make it quick and easy for my busy family. The soup makes you feel so good inside and the flavors are amazing! I would love for everyone to try for themselves.
- 2 cans of white northern beans or cannoli beans ( drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 1green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- Half of a Rotisserie Chicken ( chicken thighs or chicken breast can work too)
- 2 Tbsp Creole Seasoning blend
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ Tbsp smoked paprika
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 6 cups of chicken broth ( 3 cups of broth for rice)
- 2 Tbsp of butter for your brown rice
- Boil 2 cups of brown rice with 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 table spoons of unsalted butter. Once it boils, let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Mince the garlic and dice the onion, celery, and bell peppers. Pull the parsley leaves from the stems and give them a rough chop.
- Sauté the vegetables in a large pot with 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until they begin to look transparent.
- Add the 2 cans of drained beans, 6 cups of broth, and seasoning
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and add to the pot
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes
|Boil brown rice first|
|Sauté your veggies|
|Rinse and drain your beans|
|Add the beans, seasoning, and chicken to the pot and let it simmer|
|Now it's time to eat! I forgot to add my parsley on top to make it pretty. This is good with corn bread!|