I decided that I would wash my hair and thought of you guys. I haven't shared my hair regimen in a while, so I figured it was time to update you guys. A lot hasn't changed, but there are few things that I do differently. Sometimes I feel bad that I'm still using the same products, but I honestly haven't found anything that works better for my hair ( key word "My Hair"). Remember that everyone's hair is different, just in case the products I list didn't work for you. :)
- Section the hair - Before I wash my hair, I like to detangle with a leave in conditioner and castor oil to make the shampoo process manageable and easy! You lose less hair and it's not as tangled. Section hair into 4 to 6 sections.)
- Shampoo and Condition each section - I like to shampoo my hair once a month and co-wash every 2 weeks. When I shampoo, I focus on the scalp and massage each section. When I co-wash, I apply the conditioner the section and use my fingers to detangle. When using a conditioner, you want to make sure that the conditioner is creamy and thick. You should be able to run your fingers through each section with the conditioner and water. After you detangle the section, twist it and clip it and move on to the next section.
- Deep Condition- It's a must that you deep condition the hair on wash days. My hair loves me for this!! I like to use the Aubrey Organics honey suckle rose conditioner along with the Castor oil for my deep treatment. Your hair should still be in 4 to 6 sections. Apply a nice amount of the conditioner along with the Castor oil to each section and make sure you focus on the ends. For my scalp and edges, I like to apply the castor oil and massage it. After you have applied the conditioner and castor oil to each section, put a plastic bag or plastic shower cap on your hair and sit under the dryer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse Conditioner - Now that you have sat under the dryer for your deep treatment, it is time to rinse the hair. When rinsing the hair, I like to use luke warm water when rinsing out each section. Your hair should feel really soft with a beautiful shine. Now it's time to style!
- Style- On wash days, I usually do something simple, since I am so worn out from washing my hair... LOL! I only have so much time, because the kids always need my attention. On those days, I like to wear a bun which stretches the hair. On the next day, I like to plait my hair into 6 plaits for a braid out. Doing this also cuts down the amount of time it takes to dry my hair. My hair holds a lot of moisture, so this works best for my hair.
|Ready for fall! Still humid which results in shrinkage but I love it!|
Check out my products below!!
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose and Aubrey Organics GPB for my deep treatment.
Castor oil is applied to the deep treatment and for my braid out