The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy with work, school, mom duties, being a wife and so on. School is now back in session and as I started reading the kids' requirements, I started to feel overwhelmed thinking about everything that I had to do and events that were coming up. Usually, I try to remain calm and think of myself as super mom, but lets face it I'm human and I have my days where I get overwhelmed and afraid too. I want to encourage every mom that you are not alone and that we are in this together. As I started to feel myself get into a rut, I quickly reminded myself that God will guide and give me wisdom with any circumstance I may come across. Here are a few tips that will help you feel better and stress free!!
1. SET ASIDE PRAYER TIME ( Prayer is so important! Without prayer, I wouldn't be able to do half of the things I do. This also builds your relationship with God. I know it can seem challenging finding prayer time, but the beautiful thing about God is that you can talk to him anytime. He's always there and waiting to hear from you. I talk to him constantly, but I love our time in the morning on my way to work.)
2. STAY ORGANIZED - (Staying organized makes life a lot easier. Making sure everything has a place is key, so I like to incorporate that in my home so it can stay tidy and neat. I also like to keep a calendar and planning guide to write down important dates.)
3. MEAL PLANNING (I'm always talking about this one and I guarantee it will help you so much and save lots of money. You and your family will eat healthier which is always great!)
4. KEEP A CLEAN KITCHEN ( I'm not sure about you, but keeping a clean kitchen makes my mood feel so much better. I can cook better and relax more. I like to clean as I cook and that way I'm not in the kitchen the entire time.)
5. JUST SAY NO ( This one is a hard one for me. How can 2 letters be so difficult to say, but it is hard for me to say no sometimes. You can't do it all and that's okay. Believe it or not, people do understand.
I hope these tips can help you not feel as overwhelmed and remember to take a break and breathe. All we can do is take one day at a time. Enjoy each day to the fullest and do your very best.
Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.