|I purchased my Veggetti Pro from Amazon for 19.00, but you can find one a lot cheaper. I love this one!|
I am excited to share this yummy recipe with you using Zucchini noodles!! For a while, I have been wanting to try a gadget that would allow me to create veggie noodles instead of using pasta. I finally decided to purchase a gadget called the Veggie Pro! I absolutely love it and it's not a hassle at all! As I turned the knob, I had perfect spirals for my veggie noodles. It gives you the option to make your noodles thick or thin which I love! This recipe is so simple and delicious! This is the type of meal you use when you want to impress people with your cooking skills! LOL! I hope you enjoy!
- First things first and that is to spiral your zucchini and leave in a bowl. Add the butter and olive oil to the skillet. After that, mince the garlic while waiting for the butter to melt.
- Rinse the shrimp with cool water and allow the excess water to drain away. Add the shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté the shrimp and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or just until the shrimp turns opaque and slightly pink (no longer grey and translucent). Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside until later.
- Add the can of tomatoes with juices and zucchini to the skillet, along with the crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer over medium heat for about five minutes.
- Toss to coat in the sauce. Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and toss to combine with the zucchini noodles. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Roughly chop a handful of parsley leaves and sprinkle over top before serving.